Film funding is based upon a monthly draw schedule or one to three lump-sum payments which is agreed-to with the filmmaker prior to closing.
5.00% fixed interest rate.
No loan payments are due during the film production.
Recoupment of principal and interest on the loan is 75% of the net proceeds of the film project to the lender with 25% of the net proceeds to the filmmaker until the loan is paid in full. Then the formula inverts to 25/75. All receipts, both hard and soft, are administered by Fintage House. The lenders Note is full recourse to the film enterprise Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) and its financial receipts only and is non-recourse to the film's principals.
The Enhanced Film Funding Program allows filmmakers the ability to obtain up to 100% of the film's budget with only 10% cash requirement from the client or angel/investor. With our structured film funding program we are here to help the independent filmmaker receive funds for their film in an expedited manner with reasonable costs and flexible repayment terms.
Our associates have many years of "on the ground" film experience and time-tested knowledge in the production and funding of films.
10% minimum cash required. ($1M minimum).
Those funds stay in a top-tier attorney's insured escrow account in the U.S. or a dual-signatory bank account in a top-five U.S. bank designated specifically for that film project and are returned to the angel/investor upon the films complete funding.
- Must have a bondable producer in place.
- A seasoned director and talent attached (or at least in "talks").
- State film tax incentives equal to or greater than 20-30% of the production cost.
- Product placement/brand integration monies equal to up to 5% of production cost.
- Foreign presales based on talent and director attachments along with a real foreign sales agent at 65% of production cost based on 50% of foreign presales.
- Domestic distribution discussions to finish out the 100-120% return they plan on giving over to the investor.
- MPAA rating of no more than Restricted (“R”).
- Film budgets of $5M to $25M loan amounts. (Slates to $70M).
- North America, UK, New Zealand, Australia and Puerto Rico filming locations only.
Eligible Film Projects
The movie project must be a commercially viable product, distribution worked out and other usual and customary basic financial movie project criteria. Our finance group is looking to fund only quality film projects.
After full review of the film project submission preliminary contracts may be issued within a matter of days with closing shortly thereafter. Film funding draws may begin as soon as 45 days after closing. Lump sum payments may start as early as 4 months.
Our goal is to enhance the ability to meet the financial needs of filmmakers and movie professionals while building long-lasting strategic alliances for continued ethical business relationships.
- 100% funding of the film's budget.
- No up-front fees.
- Angel/Investor's funds (the 10%) is returned at completion of the film funding.
- No pre-payment penalty.
- Loan/income participation hybrid program. (75/25:25/75).
- Non-personal recourse loan.
10% of the film's budget, (minimum $1M), is brought forth by the film's project angel/investor and is placed into an attorney's insured escrow account or a dual-signatory bank account where it remains until the end of the film funding. Those funds never leave the account except to be returned to the angel/investor at the end of the funding of the film project.